Monday, August 4, 2014

To CAS or NOT to CAS…That is the ????

Happy Monday crafty friends,
I hope your weekend was a great one. Today I am sharing a card I created with a birthday theme. I actually need a few more birthday cards for this month. I was scoping out some challenges for some inspiration. For those of you that follow me, you know I am not necessarily a CAS(Clean And Simple) style crafter.  I am however very intrigued by that style and enjoy looking at what others do. Anyway, I came across a challenge and all of their cards like many you see in current publications are CAS crafts, very nice. Well, I decided to give it a go….and this is what I came up with.

GEDSC DIGITAL CAMERA
This card was a little more difficult for me…..WHY? you ask….Because I kept wanting to add more and more layers, ribbon, borders, die cuts, flowers….oh I could go on and on…lol. I think you get it. That white space was just screaming for something….anything!!!  The only way to grow is to go outside your comfort zone…so “they” say….So I left it alone. Okay enough of my monologue… Let’s talk about what I did use. For the little Owl, I used this month’s Stamp of the Month. This super cute set can be yours for a whopping $5 bucks with a qualifying purchase on my link.

august sotmfinal-350

I also used some of the new Confetti Wishes paper pack. It is one of 9 new collections in the new Annual Inspirations catalog. For the embossing, I used an old Sizzix plate I had in my stash. 
side view2-450
I  used my black ink pad to stamp the owl. I then colored the owl in with some of my new  Shinhan Touch Twin markers. I used my Marigold Marker, My Pastel Peach Marker and my Golden Yellow marker.

owl on side-450
For her eyes, I used my honey ink pad and stamped them. I then added some tiny buttons from my stash to the centers. I then used my Thistle ink pad and stamped her hat. I then used some Stickles to add just a touch of flair to her little party hat. I then sprinkled a few more little buttons from my stash.

sentiment-450
I finished off the card by stamping the sentiment from the new Your Own Kind Of Wonderful Stamp setFor the stamp of the month What a Hoot stamp set, I did create matching SVG cut files so that I can have my beloved  Pazzles Inspiration  cut out the pieces and I can just stamp several at a time without having to fussy cut all those pieces.


what a hoot aug sotm-350

Products Used For This Project

pazzles-cutter-200
confetti wishes paper-200

what a hoot aug sotm-200
honey ink-200
thistle-350
black-200

golden yellow-200
light orange-200

marigold-200
pastel peach-200
ezdots-200
foam tape-200

your own kind of wonderful-200

crystal stickles
sizzix-polka dot texture plate-200
Sizzix Polk Dot Embossing Texture Plate
liquid glass-200
Liquid Glass
white cardstock-200
White Cardstock

Additional Supplies
Misc. Buttons
Orange Cardstock


Got a little time?  Check out the new CTMH Annual Inspirations Catalog!
Do a little shopping while you’re there!
mygif204

I am including this card in the following challenges

The Cutting Edge: Inspiration Challenge #6

Send A Smile 4 Kids: CAS For Kid

Well crafty friends, this about covers it for today. Why don’t you take a moment, comment and let me know what you think of CAS cards and if you are a CAS kinda crafter. As always, thank you so much for stopping by and sharing some of your crafty time with me. Be sure to come back by as I share another fun and hopefully inspiring creation! Until then,



0 comments:

Post a Comment