Thursday, October 10, 2013

DCWV Primrose Stack-BC Awareness Card

Hello crafty friends,
Thank you so much for stopping by. I have a card to share with you today. I made it in honor of breast cancer awareness month, this month.
dcwv primrose bc rose card-480
Here’s my card. I used some more of that yummy paper from the DCWV Primrose Stack collection. Just love it! I tried to follow along a sketch from the Shabby Tea Room Challenge Blog. See below. I used the BC Ribbon Roses digi from PCW.
I colored the image with my Copics (listed below) and then Inked the edges. I used my distressing tool from CTMH. Something I haven’t done in quite some time. But really enjoyed it. Once I was done. I distressing my edges, I inked them to give them that vintage look.

dcwv primrose bc side view-480
Here is a closer look at the image. Believe it or not, it was printed on plain white paper. I just gently inked into the image to make it look more vintage. Once I was done coloring (copic colors listed below) I used some stickles to outline the flowers. I used some more olive satin ribbon for the bow. You can get some of that yummy ribbon from May Arts. They have such a wide selection of pretty ribbons and trims…love it!

dcwv primrose card cu-480
Here is a closer look at the pretty butterflies. I layered the card with a lace doily that I inked as well. I didn’t like the stark white of the doily so I had to distress it to make it blend better with the look of the card. I cut the butterflies out of two different MS punches and then inked the edges. I adhered them in the centers only so that the wings would be free. I bent them up slightly to give them a little “movement”. I finished them off by adding some Bisque liquid Pearls to their centers.
quick quotes vellum quote-480
Here’s a closer look at the vellum quote from the Quick Quotes Inspiration Itty Bitty Box. I just trimmed it and added it to a layer of the primrose paper. The paper is decorative enough that you can’t even see my adhesive behind the quote.

I used the following Products to complete this card.
dcwv primrose stack
DCWV Primrose Stack
bc roses n ribbonds-200
PCW BC Rose n Ribbon Digi Stamp
inspiration
QQ Inspiration Quotes
Z2171-saddle-150
CTMH Saddle Ink Pad
chestnut roan
Chestnut Roan Cat’s Eye Chalk Ink
Z1297-edge distresser
CTMH Edge Distresser
crystal stickles
Crystal Stickles
bisque
Bisque Liquid Pearls
HA-16 7-8 satin ribbon
May Arts Olive Satin Ribbon
butterfly33
MS Butterfly Punch
martha-stewart-large-craft-punch-monarch-butterfly-20810-p
MS Monarch Butterfly Punch
Copic Markers:
Pink, Kraft and White Cardstock
Misc. Paper Doily


I am entering this card in the following challenges-link ups:
Shabby Tea Room: Sketch

Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes
Stampavie and More: Pearls n Swirls
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Anything Goes
Nutcrackers: Hand Colored Image
Lady Anne’s Challenges: Anything Goes
Inky Impressions: Sparkle and Glitter
Inklings & Yarns: Link A Project
Crafting By Design: Anything with Ribbon and Lace
Addicted To Stamps: Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund: Anything Goes
Top Tip: Flowers
Through The Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
Flourishes: Pearls and Lace

Well, I think that’s about it for today. Thank you once again for stopping by and
sharing your crafty time with me!
Have a wonderfully crafty day!
2013 fall winter melsig-450

0 comments:

Post a Comment